George Clooney never uses "Reply all"

In case one is wondering, I used Clooney's name to draw the attention of some of my less enthusiastic audience..😁😁😁

Now that I (hopefully) have it, here is the rest of the tech post.

If it is good to reply, it should be better to reply to all; right? 
Yes, it is — but only if the reply is really important to all the recipients. Unfortunately, that has often not been the case and therefore replying to a mass mail requires that extra bit of caution or as a good digital citizen calls it – “netiquette”.
As one of the thumb rules, I normally consider the following scenarios when using the “
Reply all” for mass mails:

  • If my response is not relevant to everyone on the email, like a RSVP
  • If the conversation has evolved to a point where it's no longer relevant to one or more people in the CC list
  • If I am sharing a personal story, especially about Cricket or my dinner with a Bollywood star last weekend
  • If my message says "Me too!".
  • In Gmail there are ways you can set up default for both “Reply all” and otherwise by choosing your preferred option in the Settings screen:











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CITATION returned to Google Docs